JORD Unique Watches
I wore a watch when I was younger, but somehow with the advent of the cell phone I just fell away from keeping a timepiece on my wrist. But I recently received a watch from JORD and this little black beauty has taken up residence on my arm. My phone is still practically an appendage, but here are 5 reasons why I’m smitten with wearing a watch thanks to the unique watches from JORD.
5 reasons to wear a watch
- You don’t look obnoxious checking your phone for the time. Because people assume that you’re bored. Or no longer paying attention to them. And in all reality, as soon as you pull your phone out, you’re not. Which leads me to point #2.
- You don’t get distracted by the 542 notifications on your phone and forget that you were just glancing at your phone to check the time. Which you didn’t do either, so you had to whip out the phone to check again. Vicious cycle begins. I’ve been working toward being more mindful of the present moment lately and not having my phone constantly out in front of me has been helpful in that.
- It’s classic style. What is more classic than a beautiful timepiece? And my watch looks equally smashing dressed up for business, dressed up for a date, or paired with just laid back casual weekend wear.
- It’s teaching my kids to tell analog time. And roman numerals. They are constant ask-mongers, especially about time. So I flash them my wrist and say, “I don’t know, you tell me!” And they’re figuring it out. I love it.
- I feel kind of snazzy and like I can conquer the world with my watch on. That sounds a little cheesy saying it like that, but I think it’s more about the ritual and the visual than anything. It’s sort of the like pulling the wonder woman pose before going into a big event. I put my watch on and feel all kinds of elegant and grown up and prepared and ready to take on the world. And so some days, I do just that.
Have I convinced you yet? Lucky for you, JORD is letting us give away $100 toward one of their unique watches. Enter to win your own here! Good luck!